Monday, April 23, 2018

Shawn Artis   
http://www.theshawnartisgallery.com/
 
The pride I felt standing in that room with you, your precious wife, and other exhibit attendees yesterday (4/21/18) is indescribable. As a little girl, I watched a man pour his heart into his artwork (my father), so I have an appreciation for the finished product as well as the painstaking effort that goes into transferring imaginations of one’s heart and soul which are unseen to a canvas which can be seen...and hopefully appreciated by the world.

As you spoke of each piece, I imagined the once empty and void canvases...and how the words you spoke, the emotions you felt, the thoughts in your head were now ALIVE hanging on walls right before our very eyes! You should be TREMENDOUSLY proud of yourself. I remember your live painting of Purple Lady. It was such a pleasure to watch you work. I also remember your generously using your gift of art to benefit the YWCA back when I worked there. (Allison Booker Brooks, Executive Director YWCA of Greater Houston),  this is a MUST SEE exhibit!) We all have watched your grind. Brother, you’ve paid your dues. It’s time for a well deserved moment in the spotlight. I brought my son with me. I wanted him to experience being in the presence of greatness.
 
#respect

May the world carefully listen with their eyes as you tell a very colorful story using your art. ❤️ http://hmaac.org/#about

#theshawnartisgallery  
#blackrobotshtx  
#hmaac 
#bertlongjrgallery

No comments:

Post a Comment