Sunday, April 29, 2018

ABOUT LAST NIGHT: April Fool's Comedy Show at MASERATI'S EVENT CENTER powered by Citi Streets Limo and Spa Therapy Spa

Lisa Love was in the building on Saturday 4/28/18 to shine a light on the very versatile, very inviting, 2nd floor event space MASERATI’S and to enjoy some gut-busting laughs!
 
Celebrity Sighting: Poet Nikki Da Kidd

I was honored to be the ride-along with Purple Diamond Promotions who was on the scene to scope out the space as a potential location for their next social masterpiece.

If you know ANYTHING about me, you know that I love good people and good vibes in good spaces.  MASERATI'S has it all!  Sprinkled throughout the space's roomy open design were beautiful people who appeared to be having the time of their lives. As I entered the space, I couldn't miss the gold pillars and the walls of large, tinted windows. In addition to the ample general seating were (3) sections that were fit for the most exclusive of guests or ordinary folks who just like to feel all special and important. Lol. Each section is positioned with a clear view of the main stage. The MASERATI'S team which donned red t-shirts with gold lettering, others in black t-shirts with gold lettering, scurried around throughout the night tending to festive patrons.  I didn't approach the bar because I hadn't decided if I'd be drinking or not.  Well, when one of the owners came to the table to personally ask if we needed anything, what was a girl to do?  Order, of course!  In just a few short minutes, my tasty drink was delivered to my table. Food and drinks were in no short supply.  Neither were the laughs!  The crowd roared in laughter at the jokes from the likes of host Comedian Grossman, Comedian Charles G (Someone tell this brother to get me a link STAT!), and the headliner, Comedian Rodney Bigham.

Just when I thought the night had given me EVERYTHING, I was later surprised by a chance encounter with Houston's own Willie Dutch, Author/Artist/Activist.  #blacksdoread As if  his strapping physique, twinkling smile, and undeniable charm weren't enough, he demonstrated an uncommon brand of generosity when he blessed me with a copy of his latest book Rich Life.  According to Willie, if you like urban fiction, you'll love this one.  I flipped through the book to taste a few Rich Life morsels only to be caught savoring the sweet taste of compassion as I read the following words on the last page of the book: FREE SHIPPING TO INMATES.  Willie Dutch, you are a man after my own heart!  I can't wait to sink my teeth into Richard "Rich" Lewis, the main character of this piece.  (Well, I had to keep the eating and tasting analogy going. Lol!)  

Anyway, about last night...it don't owe me a damn thing! #letmelisaloveyou







Media Shout Out:
It's All Love with Lisa Love (blogtalkradio)
Urban Houston Network


If you don't follow and share this blog, you're evil. LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment